Monday, December 15, 2008

CONTEST?

Ok. Christmas is right around the corner.
January is coming up quick.
The economy... let's not talk about it.
All of these are reasons why we, the quilter's of the world, have begun to scale back our trips to the quilt shop, and deprive ourselves of one of the most glorious things in life:
NEW stuff!
So, since we're all trying to be sensible and "prioritize" our needs and our wants,
I'm going to do my part and GIVE someone some
NEW STUFF!
I have to be honest though. I have no idea what kind of contest to do. I've read a ton of blogs, and there are lots of great ones. But none that I feel "crazy" enough for us.
Therefore, this contest is going to have 2 parts and 2 winners!
Winner #1 will be the person who gives me the best idea for a contest.
Winner #2 will be the person who actually wins the contest.
What is the prize you may ask?
The winners will each recieve hand picked quilt kit and a not-yet-released "CrazyOldLadies" pattern.
Ok, so you're going to have to trust me
that it's going to be worth it.
C'mon, look at our stuff. Cute, right!?
Leave your ideas in the comment section of this post through the end of the year (12/31/08). The the real contest will run through the month of Jan.
I'll post the winner of the "idea" portion when I post the "constest" rules the first week of Jan.
Can't wait to hear your ideas!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Um...let me think on this for a couple of days. I'll be getting back to you.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Maybe a comment sharing our favorite 2 or 3 patterns of yours! And telling you why!

Mindy said...

OK. I have one. How about you ask readers to post their crazy family stories and discribe how they would make a quilt to docutment the occation,(for example what colors, pattern, and flare they would use.) The winner will then be picked by you to use in your spring/summer collection. I liked this because the winners got to participate in the creative side to your quilts and you are going to get a lot of ideas.

Unknown said...

First off, I'm so glad I've discovered your patterns. I'm waiting (im)patiently for my copy of Nana's Attic to arrive.
How about a contest describing the craziest thing you've ever made, or thought about making, that wasn't a traditional quilt. For instance, my son was making fun of me and my sewing habit this morning and suggested I make a quilted toilet seat cover.

Mobile app development company said...

Informative article. Thanks for sharing. I would like to share information about the company. Join us on a transformative journey where pixels meet purpose, and ideas materialize into interactive experiences. Our Mobile App Development Company in Pune is not just a service provider; we are your partners in the digital revolution, dedicated to crafting solutions that transcend boundaries and redefine possibilities.