Friday, December 3, 2010

G'day Mate!

I am SO EXCITED!!! As a designer sometimes you get AMAZING opportunities that you have to keep hush-hush until just the right moment. (squeel!) It's the right moment!

Several months ago I was contacted by the wonderful people at Australian Homespun Magazine and asked to submit a pattern for their December issue. I couldn't even believe it. ME!? And now the day is here and the magazine is on the stand....in AUSTRALIA! :o)

The quilt I designed is not shown on the cover- but my name is! You can see a little pic of my quilt here. It's called 'Fun in the Sun' and I used the 'Make Life' fabric line by Sweetwater for Moda.

I can't wait to get my issue of the mag.! This magazine is a great one to have. Those ladies down under sure know how to quilt. And their attention to detail is impecable! If you're looking for this magazine here in states and can't find it nearby you can order it from Erica's. (It takes a month or so before we get them here in states so when you're looking it's issue 11-12)

*p.s.- You could probably find it on the web and order it directly from Australia too. But I have no idea what that will cost! :o)

7 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations Emily! The quilt you designed looks so cute! And I have some of that fabric waiting for a pattern! Since Emily's only has 11-10 listed, does that mean I have to keep watching for two more months to get a copy?

Yvonne said...

You must be so proud Emily! It is a lovely quilt! I hope some day you will get an invitation like that from the Netherlands. Alex an I are both so happy for you! I am going to see how I can order a copy!

Amy said...

congrats! I just picked up a copy lastnight at Barnes and Noble,it is the "Christmas Issue" and I was so pleased with all the projects and patterns.I will be looking for the next one to see your quilt on the pages.

Shari said...

Congrats on being an internationally published quilter! Will have to keep an eye out for that issue.

PS - You do know we don't really say G'day Mate - Paul Hogan is the only one who can pull it off. Ha Ha.
from Perth, Western Australia

Donna said...

Congratulations! Adorable quilt.

Shannon said...

Awesome, it's about time it's out. You did that a long time ago. I will have to get a copy of it. Who did the binding on this quilt! LOL I did silly.

Brita said...

It's darling! Love the fabrics you chose. Congratulations, you must still be floating among the clouds :-)