Monday, June 13, 2011

Something New

 I went to IKEA the other night. I LOVE IKEA! Besides the fact that I could hardly walk or keep my eyes open by the end of the night- I had a blast!

I've seen all over blog-land how people use IKEA fabric for quilt backs, yet I've never bought any. That was, until, the other night when I found this:


It's a white background with charcoal grey houses on it. CUTE! And I knew exactly what I wanted to use it for.
Only problem was, I didn't have the fabric for the project I wanted to use it for.

So Saturday morning I packed the kids up and went to Gracie Lou's for a little of this and a little of that.

Here's a sneak peek:

I used lots of Michael Miller with some Sherbet Pips and a few others from the stash thrown in. I don't want to show the whole thing 'til I at least get the borders on. But maybe I'll wait until it's quilted. Who knows.

Did you know the Peteetneet Quilt Show starts this Thurs, June 17 - Thurs, July 1. It's not too late to submit a quilt if you get it in TODAY (Monday!) before 4pm!

3 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That sweet peek looks so interesting! Waiting for more.

Lynette said...

Tease ;D

Anonymous said...

And Ikea's fabric is so inexpensive too! My friend and I are planning a trip to purchase fabric, thanks for the reminder!