Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Cover Girl

Last week I received the most awesome surprise in the mail!

The latest issue of Modern Quilts Unlimited features a new pattern designed by me and the photo is on the COVER!!!


As soon as I found out I was going to be on the cover, every time I thought about it a song I remember fondly from my childhood kept coming to mind. Cover Girl by New Kids on the Block. Come on, take a moment to listen, it will brighten your day :o)

I am honored and excited to have my quilt chosen for the cover. I had a lot of fun planning and making "Pluses". I used batiks again and really love how they POP on the white background. The quilting was done by my friend Konda of Moose on the Porch quilting. She did a fabulous job!

And as if being on the cover of a magazine wasn't a big enough surprise in itself, I turned the magazine over to find a gorgeous ad from Michael Miller Fabrics featuring another quilt that I designed and made! 
The "French Tile" quilt that I made using their Blue and White collection is a free pattern download on their site.

Now who can say they've been on the front and back cover of a magazine at the same time!? :o)

HAPPY SEWING!

21 comments:

A.J. Dub. (Amy) said...

Pretty darn awesome! Both quilts are lovely.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Congratulations - just awesome!

Tanyia said...

well, that is awesome news indeed! Congrats!

Kira said...

This just keep getting better.

Yvonne said...

Wow.....Em, I am so happy for you! You can be proud of yourself! You are amazing!

Melissa Corry said...

That is awesome!!! Congrats Emily!!!

Johanna said...

Awesome! Front and back! Oh, I remember that song! I always loved New Kids on the Block. I had their Christmas album too. Somehow, the cassette magically disappeared though. I blame my husband.

Kara said...

Congratulations, Emily! What a great surprise!

M.W. said...

Very fun. Congrats.
Beautiful work can't wait to get my magazine in the mail.
Shawn

grapes and hearts said...

Well, that's awesome news! Congrats!

Donna said...

Congratulations. Your quilt made a lovely cover!

Rachel @ Quiltineering said...

I just got mine in the mail today! I love the quilt - its beautiful!

Sherri said...

So exciting!!! I love your cover quilt so much! I don't think I ever have heard of someone on the front and back cover of the same magazine at the same time...cool!!!

Sherri said...

I love the back cover quilt too...just noticed it is in your photo!!!

Tiffany said...

How cool is that? You go girl!

MaterialGirlQuilts said...

That is so awesome Emily!!! Congrats on being a Cover Girl :) Both quilts are beautiful.
Amanda

Lynette said...

How cool is that?! I really love both of the quilts, too!

Barbie Mills said...

That is just awesome. They both look beautiful!

FlourishingPalms said...

Congratulations, Emily! Being front AND back has to be the best ego-boost ever! You can't do much better! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Emily, Congratulations on being posted to the front cover. I love both your quilts, but my favourite is the blue and white one. I am a collector of blue fabric's and I also have a small collection of white/cream fabrics. I just wish my fabric store was a little more adventurous when selecting her blues! I would love to know more about your blue and white quilt if possible. www.julie714@adam.com.au

Unknown said...


I am Shana, wants to say a big thank you thank you thank you to Dr Ejemen spell for everything To everyone who doesn’t believe in spell, I was one of those ones at first. I wasn’t quite sure if I wanted to do this since I’ve tried others so-called spells casters and they did not work and was a waste of my time and money. However, when I read through the testimonies of other people at this website and after I talked to Dr Ejemen who answered all my questions and was very nice and sincere about everything, I decided to give it a try. I figured it would be my last try to get my guy back. So my story is that I was at my office when the guy I am in love with told me that he wasn’t in love with me and never will be and that he didn’t want to speak or see me again, especially since he was talking to this other girl. When I talked to Dr Ejemen about it, he let me know which spells would be most appropriate for me and I chose the ones that was to get him back to me and stay with me and want to marry me.As soon as he started on the spells, my guy came back into my life! It was a miracle to me and I’m so thankful for that. Things have been going well, and pretty much according to what Dr Ejemen said would happen. He’s always there when you need him,you can contact him via email ejemenspelltemple@live.com